Can we just say everybody was right? Bernie folks, y'all were right. We should have picked Bernie. Hillary folks were right. She only lost because of Comey, misogyny, and Wikileaks and Bernie would have lost even more. It is absolutely correct that we should focus all our energies on a recount. It is absolutely correct that the recount is a stupid waste of time.
Any reason for our loss of the Electoral College is probably a good one. Stein voters cost us? Probably. Didn't reach out to enough coal miners? All right, sure. Reached out to too many coal miners? All right, samesies.
Let's just stipulate that every one of us is a political science expert and we are each simultaneously one hundred percent correct about how we got here, what we should have done, and what we need to do next.
Good. Now that we all have an "I was right" prize, can we please stop wasting effort telling each other we're doing it wrong? We actually do have enough money, enough time, and enough energy to do everything that needs doing. We can support Foster Campbell's Louisiana Senate run AND support the recount. We can join the ACLU and urge the Electors to #DumpTrump. We can support each other in our efforts, even if our priorities aren't identical.
Want to reach out to white working class voters? Mazel Tov. Want to stand up for minorities now more than ever? Good! We don't have to choose. We must do it all. And we can, too, if we devote the time.
Shout out to my friend Carol Bernard for suggesting today's action. It's a postcard to #StopBannon! Steve Bannon is the propagandist and hate-monger that Trump has selected to be a Senior Advisor. It looks like Trump is the sort of guy who agrees with the last person he spoke to, so we need advisors close to him that are, well, not Steve Bannon.
For more on Bannon and why his appointment bodes ill for a fair and decent Trump administration, click here.
Today I'm sending a postcard to Donald Trump to tell him NOT BANNON. Lots of people are doing this, and the idea is to do it all at once, so try to do it today, if you can!
1. Get a postcard from your state - any picture that represents your state.
2. In the message section, write this simple message: NOT BANNON!
3. Sign your name if you wish
4. Address it as follows:
c/o The Trump Organization
725 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10022
5. Affix a stamp - you can use a 34 cent postcard stamp, or a normal letter stamp.
6. Take a picture of your postcard that you can share on social media on Nov. 26-28th.
7. Drop it in the mail between Saturday, Nov 26th and Monday, Nov. 28th to create a concentrated avalanche of postcards.
8. On Nov. 26-28th, Tweet and share the heck out of your photo using the hashtags #postcardavalanche #stopbannon